Minibuses Leasing for Schools & Communities

Peugeot Boxer 435 Professional 130 17st Light
435 Professional 130 17st Light
Peugeot Boxer Minibus
From: £39.99 Per Day ex VAT
or call now on
02380 011 455
Ford Transit 460 L4 Minibus Diesel RWD
460 L4 Minibus Diesel RWD
Ford Transit Minibus
From: £39.99 Per Day ex VAT
or call now on
02380 011 455

CFS are minibus leasing specialists, suppling schools and the community with minibuses throughout the UK. We supply schools, colleges, academies, universities and the general community with advice and cost effective leasing solutions.

Why use CFS?

  1. We can offer guidance on driver training, supply of your minibus, finance options, maintenance, service and repair.
  2. One point of contact for all your needs now and in the future.
  3. CFS have extensive and specialist knowledge of minibus legislation and are FCA regulated.
  4. Our focus is on achieving the most cost effective leasing solution for you which not only includes the monthly cost but the actual running costs of the minibus itself.
  5. Our minibuses are sourced direct from manufacturers Ford, Renault, Mercedes & Citroen.
  6. Our specialist team will help you make the right decision based on your specific requirements.

If you passed your test before 1 January 1997

You may drive a category B licence minibus with up to 9 seats and weighing up to 3.5 tonnes and you can also drive a D1 minibus over 3.5 tonne and up to 17 seats.

Your category B driving licence should automatically have a D1 (101) entitlement, which allows you to drive a minibus with up to 16 passenger seats, that is not being used for hire or reward, with an upper weight limit of 12,000kg for a vehicle and trailer combined. However, the following guidelines should still be considered in order to decide what size minibus you can drive:

  1. Check on your photo card licence or by entering your details into the DVLA website that a category D1 (101) entitlement is present on your licence
  2. Your D1 (101) entitlement expires when you are 70 years old, or can be withdrawn (usually for medical reasons) by the DVLA (DVA in Northern Ireland) at any time
  3. If your category B licence has a D1 + E (101) entitlement, you can tow a trailer weighing over 750kg

If you passed your test on or after 1 January 1997

You can drive what is generally known as a category B licence minibus. You might also be able to drive a Lightweight Minibus with up to 16 passengers, which is not being used for hire or reward, so long as you meet all the following criteria:

  1. You have held your car licence (sometimes called a non-D1, category B or even a 'standard' or 'ordinary' driving licence) for a minimum of 2 years
  2. The minibus is being used on a voluntary basis for social purposes by a non-commercial body e.g. State Schools, Scouts, charities and sports clubs
  3. The maximum weight of the minibus and all of its contents (GVW or MAM) cannot exceed 3.5 tonnes, or 4.25 tonnes where specialist equipment is fitted to carry disabled passengers e.g. wheelchair lifts or ramps
  4. You do not tow a trailer of any size or weight
  5. You receive no payment for driving a minibus where it is incidental to your main employment, other than recovery of out of pocket costs such as fuel and parking expenses
  6. If you are over 70 years-old, you will be required to undertake a medical examination to ensure you meet 'Group 2' medical standards